Thursday, February 14, 2013

Why I DO love this day!

How clique of me to post about Valentine's Day today....but I can't help it :) 

I love this holiday!



 And for all the cynics out there NO I don't love it because it's the one day a year my hubby brings me flowers or we exchange sweet gifts. I love it because it's ANOTHER day of the year we get to do so! When we got married we fully embraced the advice of others to continually speak words of praise to each other and of course....gifts! Whether it's notes in his lunch or finding my favorite candy in my car, adoring one another doesn't get old! I remember back 7 years ago to our first Valentine's day as a "couple"....I was 17 and I can still remember finding my car full to the top with my favorite flower.........daisies and his sweet note stuck to my window. I have never received a store bought card from J and I LOVE that about him. Everything he does for me takes time and it just makes me want to do sweet things back for him! What a great day to embrace love, and to realize that this love is only made possible for Jer and I through the recognition that we are broken people who both needed Christ and have allowed Him to fully take over our lives. His love is the truest of all and never disappoints.


We enjoyed an amazing evening alone together going out to Fats (mmmmm my fav!!! side note......it's impressive how much I can eat there) and sipping our coffees while talking about our future :) Tonight we are staying home with our little fam...I even got Jules a little present....I used to love waking up to presents my mom had wrapped all in pink and red for me and I am excited to continue the tradition. So as I go to dip Strawberries in yummmmmo chocolate, set the table with candles and lace and work on a fancy dinner for my man I am full of Joy.....not only because God has given me this amazing husband who loves me all year round......but because God has loved me  since the beginning of time. 

I hope you enjoy your day!!!! 

No comments: