Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Pinterest Recipes Tested!

I decided tonight that I didn't have enough dishes in my sink from the past 2 days haha and had a little baking party - with myself, and Luke of course my constant cling on 🙂 Baking has such a great therapeutic nature to it that I really find myself missing it during summer. So I cranked up the window ac unit and pulled up all the coconut flour recipes I've pinned but never had time to try. We have a way over abundance of eggs for some reason (as I imagine lots of you with chicken do also!) and coconut flour recipes need LOTS of eggs !

Here is the first one I tried
Coconut Flour bread:
HERE
I wasn't really sure what to expect with this one (the one downside of having a baking marathon at 10 pm -- too many bites lol) but it was really moist and good I will definitely make it again. It's a great replacement for toast or sliced bread if you have that temptation every morning like me or if you just have a gluten intolerance.


(Don't mind the accidental hole in the top)



Next was Coconut Flour Brownies:
This unfortunately was thumbs down :( And this is the second or third coconut flour recipe I've tried. I also overcooked it which only makes it drier and you lose that brownie moist taste. But it I put single squares in foil and popped them in the freezer so they will do when I'm searching for something chocolate :) 


With a glass of Almond milk I was pretty satisfied :) 

These Gaps Squash Squares are a definite favorite:
I just use a can of pureed pumpkin and I also add about 1-2 Tablespoons of honey. I can't resist honey.
These are protein packed and taste like pumpkin pie! so so good!
I made 2 batches this is one going on and one coming out you can see how that whipped egg white works so well.



Tomorrow morning I'm making these pancakes and we'll see how they stack up (hahaha.......ok it's too late. Bed!)





 photo AnneSIG2_zps918a41ea.png

1 comment:

Laura Darling said...

Yum! The squash squares sound great! We have a billion zucchini in our garden so this week I cracked up the AC and baked a bunch of loaves of zucchini bread, and I felt like it was a cold winter night again! And it was delicious!