Monday, November 11, 2013

Spaghetti Squash Boats

You've probably been seeing this "idea" all over Pinterest but really......it's brilliant.

 Spaghetti squash boats are an amazing replacement for pasta. Now seriously.........I know the feeling when someone shares and "amazing" recipe that to me tastes like cardboard and I wonder how long it's been since this person ate good food. But we love these and even my husband loves these. We have been trying to eliminate grains/wheat from our diet as well as refined sugar. Something I totally went lax about at the end of my pregnancy and took too long getting back into after baby was here. We both feel so much better when we don't eat wheat/grains and refined sugar. What a concept huh? Eating REAL food that God created for us to eat! Besides I am tired of eating chemicals and high fructose corn syrup in EVERYTHING. For real. 
Gone are the days where I spend and hour baking my spaghetti squash (although that is still a great method) and then attempt to scoop out the blistering hot inside! Instead I cut the squash down the middle horizontally. (If you can do this first feat you are already onto a good start!)
 These things have a THICK peal so be careful! 
Then scoop out all the seeds from the middle and put a tablespoon or so of water in the little boat part of it. Cover with plastic wrap well and microwave on high for about 5 minutes, I like my spaghetti squash a little softer so just keep feeling the outside till it's the consistency you like :) 

Let it cool for a few minutes then serve your delicious homemade sauce right inside and top with cheese! YUM! I'll share my sauce recipe soon it's not difficult at all! 

Happy Monday!

No comments: